The State of Florida has extensive laws in place for the governance of community associations. It’s imperative that each and every HOA complies with Florida law and their published governing documents to protect themselves from liability with their homeowners. Our team at The Metka Law Firm has experience representing 50+ homeowners associations, condo associations and management companies throughout Central Florida. Your real estate lawyer regularly provide the following legal services to community associations and management companies:
- Collections services, including but not limited to, statutory intent-to-lien letters, liens, statutory intent-to-foreclose letters, and preparation and monitoring of homeowner payment plan agreements to help homeowners bring their accounts current.
- Violation letters and other covenant enforcement matters.
- Drafting governing documents and amendments
- Providing legal opinion letters and advice regarding day-to-day management issues, including but not limited to, questions regarding governing documents, voting procedures, violations, maintenance, assessments, etc.
- Foreclosure of Claims of Lien for Assessments
COMPLIMENTARY 15-MINUTE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch
Step 1Schedule a complimentary consultation with our real estate attorney to discuss your HOA needs.
Step 2Engage our office to represent your HOA. We don’t have monthly fees for services. We bill for services as they are rendered in accordance with a mutually agreeable fee schedule so there are no surprises.
Step 3Our real estate lawyer will get started right away or simply be “on call” when you need us.
Do you represent homeowners?
Because our office represents so many HOAs in Central Florida, we will represent homeowners on a case-by-case basis dependent upon whether there is a conflict of interest.
How does the collections process work?
When a homeowner becomes delinquent, the HOA or Management Company will send the account to us for further collection efforts. Our office will prepare and send the collections letters in strict accordance with Florida and Federal collections laws to get the process started. Our team is highly trained and ready to be the primary contact for each homeowner in collections until their account is brought current.
How can an HOA enforce violations of the governing documents?
Florida Law gives HOAs a lot of authority to ensure homeowners comply with the governing documents. To remedy a violation, the HOA can send an initial demand letter or the HOA can send a notice of intent to fine. Our attorney is available and ready to discuss which option best suits your needs.